Sometimes people discover our African baskets quite by accident either online or in the store; other times, we have customers who come in looking for a basket with a very specific shape or size – even color! Over time we’ve heard some excellent ideas for how to use them either in the home or on the go, so we thought we’d share the list with you.
1) Farmer’s market tote. The capacity and heft of our Large Market Basket is perfect for produce, flowers, or other purchases – hence the name!
2) Crafting. If you like carrying your yarn and knitting needles, embroidery projects, or handwork along with you, the Basket with Upright Round Handles makes a terrific, roomy tote.
3) Newspaper and magazine storage. In the living room or even the commode, having a handy Rectangle Basket nearby for all of your reading material makes for an organized and comfy home.
4) Toilet paper. Speaking of the commode, if you want to keep spare rolls easily accessible but can’t find a pretty way to store them, our Small Oval Basket in Natural holds several rolls, keeps them off the floor, and matches any decor!
5) Firewood and kindling. If you find yourself constantly sweeping up loose bark and chips from your hearth, keep it all under control with the beautiful and functional Moroccan Kindling Holder.
7) Trash. We know, it’s hard to imagine using one of these beautiful works of art as a garbage bin, but the Waste Basket is actually made for that very purpose, so why not let it serve its intended use? It has handles for easy emptying, and it’s so handsome you won’t mind giving it a place of prominence next to your desk.
8) Kids’ belongings. If the little one’s bedroom is a cluttered maze of blocks and stuffed animals, but you want everything to be within reach, keep toys, building sets and dolls in the Large Open Storage Basket. You or your child will be able to see individual items and the nice wide top makes for easy grabbing, and it will all be in one place.
9) Laundry and linens. The Extra Large Market Baskets are very versatile, and have many uses beyond market shopping! They are big enough to store extra blankets and linens for guests, and light enough to use for carrying loads of laundry from room to room.
10) Serving bread. If you’re having a crowd over for dinner, upgrade your rolls or loaf of bread from a plate to a beautiful African Bread Basket. Bread is no longer just an accompaniment or vehicle for yummy spreads – now it gets to be the center of attention!
We hope this list has given you some helpful ideas and suggestions. Let us know in the comments what you use our baskets for!